Every sensible and thoughtful man or woman in this world will agree to the fact that to each of them, their mum is their world. Most of us would even agree to the fact that their mothers have been the driving force and pillars of their lives. That is because mother’s are the first representation of womanhood and how women administer so many values in our lives. Women as we see it now in this present world play a very diverse and colorful role. They have even reached positions which men are not able to reach. Times have changed and now, we appreciate and celebrate women’s day.
Why Women’s Day celebration?
Women have transformed and gotten over the traditional roles that were set for them in the past. They were in the past, considered stereotypes. With their roles being limited to taking care of kids and managing the household. They were discriminated and prejudiced. They were not considered as equals to men and had to face various oppressions in this male dominated world. The few who broke out of restrictions in past few years were faced with discrimination and harassment at work place and in the public.
Struggles Faced By Woman
Even after women see so much development, in many parts of the world, women still struggle for recognition of their value to the economy, and for equal pay. Women are also subjected to moral policing, abuse from family and society. As we celebrate international women’s day on March 8th we acknowledge that we still have a long way to go to achieve full emancipation of women from the hardships they have. It is the day for reaffirming our commitment to the work towards the liberation of women.
We acknowledge that we still have a long way to go to achieve full emancipation of women from the hardships they face on women’s day celebration. It is the day for reaffirming our commitment to the work towards the liberation of women.
Here are some of the celebration ideas to incorporate on 8th of March this year:
1. Learn about the influential women. You can either get a biography or invest in a blog that speaks about some of the most influential women who have altered the course of history and brought change for women everywhere.
2. Sign up for a community service. It does not have to be a drive for women only. Such an event can be for any cause you believe in. Be a part of the women community by showing your motherly affection towards those who need care.
3. Get women’s day gift for the ladies in your life. Starting from your mum, get gifts for the special ladies in your life. Convey your feelings of admiration with gift hampers that celebrate their womanhood.
4. Spend time with the special lady. There is nothing like the gift of time and affection. These ladies, special ladies in your life hardly get time with you. Celebrate 8th of march with your mum, sister and others.
5. Throw a party or get-together. A small intimate party or dinner with just a couple of friends and family hurts no one. Raise your glasses and toast the women in your life.